Print-friendly version of this page Hendon railway station is a National Rail station situated to the west of Hendon, in the London Borough of Barnet.
Foster House and Brent Lodge were two 18th-century brick houses at the corner of Butcher's Lane and Brent Street
. Butcher's Lane later became Queen’s Road
Foster House became a Christian Science reading room in 1930. Brent Lodge, enlarged in the early 19th century and renamed St. Peter’s Ouvroir, was demolished in 1957.Licence:
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence
User unknown/public domain
The station was built by the Midland Railway in 1868 on its extension to St. Pancras. From 1875 the Midland opened a service to Victoria on the London, Chatham and Dover Railway and received coaches from the London and South Western Railway for attachment to north-bound trains.