Print-friendly version of this page
Richmond Road - now part of Raynes Park - was one of first roads laid out on the Cottenham Park estate.
In 1831, the local estate was bought by Charles Pepys, the Earl of Cottenham and later Chancellor. He died in 1851 and the estate was broken up. Most of it was laid out with roads, one of which was Richmond Road. Development of the area was slow until after 1891 when Worple Road was extended to Raynes Park station.Licence:
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence
31' TARGET='_top'>Raynes Park
31.jpg' WIDTH=302 st
yle='float:left; width=250px; margin-right:10px;'>