Courtleet Drive is a road in the DA8 postcode area
5320' target='_top'>5327' target='_top'>50px; margin-right:10px;'>Slade Green was originally called Slades Green.
The area was sparsely populated and Slades Green had only 9
5326' target='_top'>66 people in 1848 but in 1849
the North Kent Line was built. Slades Green gained a National School in 1868 and St Augustine’s Church opened in 1899
Sladesgreen Farm was the centre of a market gardening area known locally as ’Cabbage Island’ located between Moat Lane (formerly Whitehall Lane) and Slade Green Road.
Slade Green railway station was opened on 1 July 19
00 to serve the developing local community following the construction of a rail depot designed to service steam locomotives for South Eastern and Chatham Railway. It was at first called ’Slades Green’ and it was not until 199
5320' target='_top'>53 that this was changed to Slade Green.
10 a complete ’railway village’ of 158 houses had been built. The significance of the village had increased by 19
05 and that it had absorbed historically important Howbury Manor.
Explosions at a former Trench Warfare Filling Factory caused the death of 13 workers on 19
24. A mass grave at Northumberland Heath stands in memory of the victims. Explosives operations ended in the 19
During the Second World War, Slade Green was subject to a series of air raids, notably the night of 16 April 19