Print-friendly version of this page
Moat Lane was formerly part of Whitehall Lane
The 1869-1882 Ordnance Survey showed a large farm called Sladesgreen Farm
. In the south west corner of the farm was ’The Corner Pin’ beerhouse - the pub was rebuilt in 1958.
The surrounding area was affectionately known as ’Cabbage Island’ due to the market gardens located between Moat Lane and Slade Green Road
(formerly Slade Green Lane).
With the arrival of the railway, Moat Lane and Whitehall Lane
became separated from one another by the tracks.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence
5327' target='_top'>50px; margin-right:10px;'>