Beaumont Arms

Pub in/near Shepherds Bush, existing between 1826 and now

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
34.238.190.122 
MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502020Fullscreen map
Pub · Shepherds Bush · W12 ·
MARCH
16
2018

The former Beaumont Arms at 170 Uxbridge Road has been known by later names such as "Edwards" and "The Defectors Weld".

The present building dates from 1884/5 but there has been a public house on this site from at least 1826.

The former name probably relates to John Thomas Barber Beaumont, a builder, or his family who owned land in the area from 1811.


Licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence

xxx



 

Shepherds Bush

Shepherd's Bush is an area of west London in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.

Although it is primarily residential in character, its focus is the shopping area of Shepherd's Bush Green, with the Westfield shopping centre lying a short distance to the north. The main thoroughfares are Uxbridge Road, Goldhawk Road and Askew Road, all containing a large number of small and mostly independent shops, pubs and restaurants. The Loftus Road football stadium in Shepherd's Bush is home to Queens Park Rangers F.C.. In 2011, the population of the area was 39,724.

The district is bounded by Hammersmith to the south, Holland Park and Notting Hill to the east, Harlesden to the north and by Acton and Chiswick to the west. White City forms the northern part of Shepherd's Bush. Shepherd's Bush comprises the Shepherd's Bush Green, Askew, and White City wards.
Print-friendly version of this page