St. Georges Court, RM1
An area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before. Mainly Edwardian housing
Print-friendly version of this page
St. Georges Court is a location in London.
Romford Romford is the administrative centre of the London Borough of Havering and one of the major metropolitan centres identified in the London Plan.
Romford is the administrative centre of the London Borough of Havering and one of the major metropolitan centres identified in the London Plan.
Romford was originally a market town in Essex. The town developed on the main road to London with Romford Market was established in 1247.
The railway station open in 1839 which was key to the development of the Star Brewery. The Eastern Counties Railway services operated between Mile End and Romford, with extensions to Brentwood and to Shoreditch in 1840. A second station was opened in 1892 by the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway, giving Romford a rail connection to Tilbury Docks. The two stations were combined in 1934.
There was a shift from agriculture to light industry during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and then to retail and commerce.
In the 20th century, Romford significantly expanded, becoming a municipal borough in 1937 and part of Greater London since 1965 when the area was transferred from Essex.
In the neighbourhood...
Click an image below for a better view...