Showing every road so far featured
(N.B. So as not to break the map, this will only show the first 5000).
Showing every road so far featured
Print-friendly version of this page
Street/road in London NW6
Alperton Street, W10 Alperton Street is the first alphabetically of the named streets of the Queen's Park Estate in W10. Brunel Mews, W10 Brunel Mews, a tiny cul-de-sac, is the northern extension of Sixth Avenue. Droop Street, W10 Droop Street is one of the main east-west streets of the Queen’s Park Estate. Dyne Road, NW6 Dyne Road dates from the just after the opening of Kilburn Station in 1879. Exeter Road, NW6 Exeter Road is one of the streets of London in the NW6 postal area. Farrant Street, W10 Farrant Street is the missing link in the alphabetti spaghetti of the streetnames of the Queen's Park Estate Huxley Street, W10 Huxley Street is the only street beginning with an H on the Queen’s Park Estate. Kilburn Lane, NW6 Kilburn Lane is one of the streets of London in the NW6 postal area. Kilburn Lane, W10 Kilburn Lane runs around the edge of the Queen’s Park Estate in London W10. Maple Walk, W10 Post war development on the Queen’s Park Estate created some plant-based street names. Mill Lane, NW2 West of the bridge over the railway, Mill Lane enters the NW2 postcode. Mozart Street, W10 Mozart Street was part of the second wave of development of the Queen’s Park Estate. Oliphant Street, W10 Oliphant Street was the final alphabetical street on the original Queen’s Park Estate naming scheme. Peach Road, W10 Paach Road is one of the newer streets of the Queen’s Park Estate in London W10 Ronan Walk, W10 Ronan Walk was one of the streets constructed in a 1970s build parallel to the Harrow Road. Severn Avenue, W10 Severn Avenue is a newer thoroughfare in the Queen's Park Estate, London W10
Brondesbury Park is an affluent suburb and electoral ward of the London Borough of Brent.Brondesbury Park
the suburb is centred on the railway station of the same name. It has a number of open spaces, such as Queen's Park and Tiverton Green.
The area was rural until the coming of the railway. The Hampstead Junction Railway route between Willesden Junction (Low Level) and Camden Road (via Gospel Oak) opened in 1860, but at first there were no stations west of Brondesbury. The line was absorbed by the London and North Western Railway in 1867, but it was not until 1 June 1908 that a station at Brondesbury Park
But already by 1887, Salusbury Road
, running parallel to the Edgware Road, joined Kilburn to Brondesbury and Willesden Green. The whole of the Church Commissioners' estate east of Salusbury Road
and south of the L. & N.W.R. was built on and there were patches of building and a complete street layout on the Kilburn Park estate to the south. North of the L. & N.W.R. line the street plan was laid out as far as Victoria Road and building was complete on the former Tanners Mead (north of Kilburn Lane
and west of Edgware Road) and Elm Lodge estate. There was some building on both sides of the Hampstead Junction line. The rest of the area between the Hampstead Junction line and Willesden Lane
was built up during the late 1880s. South of Willesden Lane
building stretched westward to Paddington cemetery and along Brondesbury Road as far as Salusbury Road
by 1896. Most of the Kilburn Park estate was built up, and south of the L. & N.W.R. building stretched westward to merge with Kensal Green.
Brondesbury along with Brondesbury Park
attracted a lot of Irish immigrants and then, after the 1930s, many German Jewish people. Willesden as a whole had 3.5 per cent of the population born in Germany, Poland, Russia or Austria in 1951, a lot of these in Brondesbury Park