Showing every road so far featured
(N.B. So as not to break the map, this will only show the first 5000).
Showing every road so far featured
Print-friendly version of this page
Dowland Street is a street on the Queen's Park Estate, London W10
User unknown/public domain
Acklam Road, W10 Acklam Road was the centre of much action during the building of the Westway Adair Road, W10 Adair Road is a street on the Kensal Town/North Kensington borders. Albert Road, NW6 Albert Road in NW6 escaped the mass renaming of Albert Roads in London. All Saints Road, W11 Built between 1852-61, All Saints Road is named after All Saints Church on Talbot Road. Alperton Street, W10 Alperton Street is the first alphabetically of the named streets of the Queen's Park Estate in W10. Appleford Road, W10 Appleford Road was transformed post-war from a Victorian street to one dominated by housing blocks. Bosworth Road, W10 Bosworth Road was the first street built as Kensal New Town started to expand to the east. Brunel Mews, W10 Brunel Mews, a tiny cul-de-sac, is the northern extension of Sixth Avenue. Droop Street, W10 Droop Street is one of the main east-west streets of the Queen’s Park Estate. Dyne Road, NW6 Dyne Road dates from the just after the opening of Kilburn Station in 1879. East Row, W10 East Row is a road with a long history within Kensal Town. Edenham Way, W10 Edenham Way is one of the streets of London in the W10 postal area. Farrant Street, W10 Farrant Street is the missing link in the alphabetti spaghetti of the streetnames of the Queen's Park Estate Golborne Road, W10 Golborne Road, heart of North Kensington, was named after Dean Golbourne, at one time vicar of St. John's Church in Paddington. Great Western Road, W9 Great Western Road’s northernmost section was created after a bridge was constructed over the canal. Huxley Street, W10 Huxley Street is the only street beginning with an H on the Queen’s Park Estate. Kensal Road, W10 Kensal Road, originally called Albert Road, is the heart of Kensal Town. Kilburn Lane, NW6 Kilburn Lane is one of the streets of London in the NW6 postal area. Kilburn Lane, W10 Kilburn Lane runs around the edge of the Queen’s Park Estate in London W10. Ladbroke Grove, W10 Ladbroke Grove runs from Notting Hill in the south to Kensal Green in the north, and straddles the W10 and W11 postal districts. Lavie Mews, W10 Lavie Mews, W10 was a mews connecting Portobello Road and Murchison Road. Lionel Mews, W10 Lionel Mews was built around 1882 and probably disappeared in the 1970s. Malton Mews, W10 Malton Mews is one of the streets of London in the W10 postal area. Middle Row, W10 Middle Row is one of the original streets laid out as Kensal New Town. Mozart Street, W10 Mozart Street was part of the second wave of development of the Queen’s Park Estate. Munro Mews, W10 Munro Mews is a part cobbled through road that connects Wornington Road and Wheatstone Road. Ronan Walk, W10 Ronan Walk was one of the streets constructed in a 1970s build parallel to the Harrow Road. Severn Avenue, W10 Severn Avenue is a newer thoroughfare in the Queen's Park Estate, London W10 Tavistock Crescent, W11 Tavistock Crescent was where the first Notting Hill Carnival procession began on 18 September 1966. Walterton Road, W9 Walterton Road was the central road of a suburb which was originally proposed to called St. Peter’s Park. Wedlake Street, W10 Wedlake Street arrived as the second wave of building in Kensal Town was completed. Westway, W10 Westway is the A40(M) motorway which runs on an elevated section along the W10/W11 border. Wornington Road, W10 Wornington Road connected Golborne Road with Ladbroke Grove, though the Ladbroke end is now closed to through traffic.
The part of Queen's Park which is in the W10 postcode and City of Westminster, is known as the Queens Park Estate.
It was built from 1874 by the Artisans, Labourers & General Dwellings Company. The architecture of that estate of some 2000 small houses is distinctively Gothic-revival, with polychrome brickwork, pinnacles and turrets along the bigger roads.
It retains First Avenue
, Second Avenue
etc up to Sixth Avenue
, and originally had streets A-P. The street names have been made into full words, (Alperton Street
, Barfett Street
, Caird Street
, Droop Street
, Embrook Street, Farrant Street
, Galton Street
, Huxley Street
, Ilbert Street
, Kilravock Street
, Lothrop Street
, Marne Street
, Nutbourne Street
, Oliphant Street, Peach Street).
It was on this estate that the first QPR footballers had their homes.