Print-friendly version of this page
Babington Road is a street in Hendon.
Brent Street The largest hamlet of Hendon parish was Brent Street. It retained its identity until the late 19th, when building linked it with Church End and the Burroughs. Church Farmhouse Museum Church Farmhouse Museum was situated in a 17th-century farmhouse in Hendon – the oldest surviving dwelling in Hendon. Hendon War Memorial Hendon War Memorial is located on the central reservation at the junction between Watford Way and The Burroughs. Jewish Military Museum The Jewish Military Museum features exhibits about Jews serving in the British armed forces from the 18th century to the present day. Greyhound Hill, NW4 Greyhound Hill was part of a medieval route which ran from Church End, Hendon to Mill Hill at the Three Hammers pub on the Ridgeway. The Burroughs, NW4 The Burroughs, now simply a road, referred to a hamlet until the 1890s. Thornbury, NW4 Thornbury is a residential block in Church End, Hendon.
Hendon railway station is a National Rail station situated to the west of Hendon, in the London Borough of Barnet.
The station was built by the Midland Railway in 1868 on its extension to St. Pancras. From 1875 the Midland opened a service to Victoria on the London, Chatham and Dover Railway and received coaches from the London and South Western Railway for attachment to north-bound trains.