Boyne Terrace Mews is a mews in Notting Hill, London W11.
The entrance to the mews is in Lansdowne Road
and it is a cul-de-sac. It was probably named after Boyne House, which stood on the site of Holland Park
tube station. The first four houses on Holland Park
Avenue to the east of Boyne House were originally called Boyne Terrace, and Boyne Terrace Mews provided accommodation for the horses and carriages belonging to these houses and those in the next terrace along. It still seems to have been used mainly for horses at the time of the 1901 census, as only three dwellings are recorded in the street (numbers 6, 7 and 14), and numbers 6 and 14 were occupied by respectively a cab proprietor and a cabman, who no doubt kept their horses in the mews. No 7 was occupied by a bootmaker.
Since then, all the stables (which were all on the south side) have been rebuilt as mews houses in a variety of styles, including some good modern ones. Number 4 has disappeared. There is only one dwelling on the north side, the only 19th century house on the mews - No. 21, next to Lansdowne House, and very much in the style of that block, presumably built at the same time. Otherwise the north side consists of garages and the backs of gardens of houses in Ladbroke Road
, and Nos. 14-20 have disappeared.