The north side of Chamber Street originally included buildings of the London Infirmary (then based in adjacent Prescot Street
) until 1757 when it moved to Whitechapel
Road and became the London Hospital.
Chamber Street has been extensively rebuilt and includes the Aldgate
East Travelodge (which sits over Abel’s Buildings) and the English Martyrs’ Club. Most of the railway arches on the south side are garages and private lock-ups.