Print-friendly version of this page
Church Terrace begins at Church End
and ends in Sunny Hill
It runs around the back of The Chequers Public House and St Mary’s churchyard.Licence:
Church Terrace has little traffic, except for access to the houses or the Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) Centre along the road.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence
Church Farmhouse Museum Church Farmhouse Museum was situated in a 17th-century farmhouse in Hendon – the oldest surviving dwelling in Hendon. Jewish Military Museum The Jewish Military Museum features exhibits about Jews serving in the British armed forces from the 18th century to the present day. Ashley Lane, NW4 Ashley Lane is divided into an official road and a track which is part of a nature reserve. Greyhound Hill, NW4 Greyhound Hill was part of a medieval route which ran from Church End, Hendon to Mill Hill at the Three Hammers pub on the Ridgeway. The Burroughs, NW4 The Burroughs, now simply a road, referred to a hamlet until the 1890s. Thornbury, NW4 Thornbury is a residential block in Church End, Hendon.
Hendon railway station is a National Rail station situated to the west of Hendon, in the London Borough of Barnet.
The station was built by the Midland Railway in 1868 on its extension to St. Pancras. From 1875 the Midland opened a service to Victoria on the London, Chatham and Dover Railway and received coaches from the London and South Western Railway for attachment to north-bound trains.