Cressingham Road, HA8

Road in/near Burnt Oak

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.60826 -0.25808) 

Cressingham Road, HA8

MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502020Remove markers
Road · Burnt Oak · HA8 ·
JANUARY
1
2000

Cressingham Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.




NEARBY LOCATIONS OF NOTE
Goldbeaters Farm Goldbeaters already existed by the 14th century.

NEARBY STREETS
Abbots Road, HA8 Abbots Road follows a footpath which stretched from Bunns Lane to Orange Hill House.
Arundel Gardens, HA8 Arundel Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Benningholm Road, HA8 A street within the HA8 postcode
Benningholme Road, HA8 Benningholme Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Bernhart Close, HA8 Bernhart Close is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Blundell Road, HA8 Blundell Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Briar Walk, HA8 Briar Walk is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Brook Walk, HA8 Brook Walk is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Cardinal Close, HA8 Cardinal Close is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Colchester Road, HA8 Colchester Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Cranfield Drive, NW9 Cranfield Drive is a road in the NW9 postcode area
Crispin Road, HA8 Crispin Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Deans Close, HA8 Deans Close is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Dryfield Road, HA8 Dryfield Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Edwin Road, HA8 Edwin Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Eversfield Gardens, HA8 Eversfield Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Eversfield Gardens, NW7 Eversfield Gardens is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Fortescue Road, HA8 Fortescue Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Gold Hill, HA8 Gold Hill is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Gold Lane, HA8 Gold Lane is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Goldbeaters Grove, HA8 Goldbeaters Grove is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Homefield Road, HA8 Homefield Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Hook Walk, HA8 Hook Walk is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Horsecroft Road, HA8 Horsecroft Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Islip Gardens, HA8 Islip Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Kirton Walk, HA8 A street within the HA8 postcode
Langham Gardens, HA8 Langham Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Langham Road, HA8 Langham Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Maple Gardens, HA8 Maple Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Milling Road, HA8 Milling Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Mostyn Road, HA8 Mostyn Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Norwich Walk, HA8 Norwich Walk is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Oldberry Road, HA8 Oldberry Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Orange Hill Road, HA8 Orange Hill Road is named after a house which was built around 1818 and which stood on Abbots Road.
Ruddock Close, HA8 A street within the HA8 postcode
Storksmead Road, HA8 Storksmead Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
The Meads, HA8 The Meads is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Walter Walk, HA8 Walter Walk is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Wolsey Grove, HA8 Wolsey Grove is a road in the HA8 postcode area


Burnt Oak

Burnt Oak tube station is a London Underground station in on the Edgware branch of the Northern Line, between Edgware and Colindale stations.

The name Burnt Oak was first used in 1754 and from then until the 1850s referred to no more than a field on the eastern side of the Edgware Road (Watling Street). Nor is there evidence that the name implies anything except that the field had once contained a burnt oak tree.

In May 1844 Burnt Oak field was sold to a Mr Essex, and by the 1860s plans were in place to build three residential streets: North Street, East Street, and South Street. The application of the field name to the area seems to have followed from this new estate and was in use by the end of the 19th century.

However, the area was generally known as Red Hill until the opening of Burnt Oak tube station.

The station was designed by architect Stanley Heaps and opened as Burnt Oak (Watling) on the 27 October 1924, two months after the extension of the Hampstead & Highgate Line from Hendon Central to Edgware had opened. The station was originally provided with a temporary structure before the final ticket office building was constructed in 1925. The suffix was dropped from the name about 1950.


LOCAL PHOTOS
Roe Green
TUM image id: 1036
Bald Faced Stag
TUM image id: 1041
RAF Museum
TUM image id: 1094
Apex Corner in the 1920s.
TUM image id: 1155
Hale Lane
TUM image id: 2371
Stag Lane Aerodrome
TUM image id: 3181
Featherstone Farm (1909)
TUM image id: 1517934317
The Edgware Road in Colindale
TUM image id: 1517936686
Silk Stream near Colindale (1916)
TUM image id: 1517938166
Print-friendly version of this page