Fairway Close, Feltham, Middlesex

Area might date from the first world war period- in this area, buildings are mainly post-war

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.46182 -0.39785, 51.461 -0.397) 

Fairway Close, TW14

MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502021Remove markers
Road · Feltham · TW14 ·
JANUARY
1
2000

Fairway Close is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.




NEARBY STREETS
Amberley Way, TW4 Amberley Way is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Baber Bridge Caravan Site, TW14 A street within the TW14 postcode
Baber Bridge Parade, TW14 Baber Bridge Parade is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Beavers Crescent, TW4 Beavers Crescent is a road in the TW4 postcode area
Cavalry Crescent, TW4 Cavalry Crescent is a road in the TW4 postcode area
Central Park Estate, TW4 A street within the TW4 postcode
Clements Close, TW4 Clements Close is a road in the TW4 postcode area
Dockwells Estate, TW14 Dockwells Estate is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Fairway Trading Estate, TW4 Fairway Trading Estate is a road in the TW4 postcode area
Freehold Industrial Centre, TW4 A street within the TW4 postcode
Islay Gardens, TW4 A street within the TW4 postcode
Lawrence Road, TW4 Lawrence Road is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Maple Grove Business Centre, TW4 A street within the TW4 postcode
Mill Way, TW14 Mill Way is a road in the TW14 postcode area
Pulborough Way, TW4 Pulborough Way is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
River Gardens Business Centre, TW14 River Gardens Business Centre is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
River Gardens, TW14 River Gardens is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Roman Close, TW14 Roman Close is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Spur Road, TW14 Spur Road is a road in the TW4 postcode area
Tamian Way, TW4 Tamian Way is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
The Vale, TW14 The Vale is a road in the TW14 postcode area
Willow House, TW14 A street within the TW14 postcode


Queen’s Park

Queen’s Park lies between Kilburn and Kensal Green, developed from 1875 onwards and named to honour Queen Victoria.

The north of Queen’s Park formed part of the parish of Willesden and the southern section formed an exclave of the parish of Chelsea, both in the Ossulstone hundred of Middlesex. In 1889 the area of the Metropolitan Board of Works that included the southern section of Queen’s Park was transferred from Middlesex to the County of London, and in 1900 the anomaly of being administered from Chelsea was removed when the exclave was united with the parish of Paddington. In 1965 both parts of Queen’s Park became part of Greater London: the northern section - Queen’s Park ’proper’ formed part of Brent and the southern section - the Queen’s Park Estate - joined the City of Westminster.

Queen’s Park, like much of Kilburn, was developed by Solomon Barnett. The two-storey terraced houses east of the park, built between 1895 and 1900, typically have clean, classical lines. Those west of the park, built 1900–05, tend to be more Gothic in style. Barnett’s wife was from the West Country, and many of the roads he developed are named either for places she knew (e.g. Torbay, Tiverton, Honiton) or for popular poets of the time (e.g. Tennyson). The first occupants of the area in late Victorian times were typically lower middle class, such as clerks and teachers. Queen’s Park is both demographically and architecturally diverse. The streets around the park at the heart of Queen’s Park are a conservation area.

There is hardly any social housing in the streets around Queens Park itself, and the area was zoned as not suitable for social housing in the 1970s and 1980s as even then house prices were above average for the borough of Brent, which made them unaffordable for local Housing Associations. The main shopping streets of Salusbury Road and Chamberlayne Road have fewer convenience stores and more high-value shops and restaurants. Local schools – some of which struggled to attract the children of wealthier local families in the past – are now over-subscribed. House prices have risen accordingly.

Queen’s Park station was first opened by the London and North Western Railway on 2 June 1879 on the main line from London to Birmingham.

Services on the Bakerloo line were extended from Kilburn Park to Queen’s Park on 11 February 1915. On 10 May 1915 Bakerloo services began to operate north of Queen’s Park as far as Willesden Junction over the recently built Watford DC Line tracks shared with the LNWR.


LOCAL PHOTOS

Print-friendly version of this page