Fentiman Road is named after local mid-19th century developer John Fentiman.
Fentiman Road is a broad, attractive road aligned northwest to southeast and has a leafy residential character.
On the north side, Vauxhall Park has a long frontage enclosed by railings and lends a leafy character to this end. Along from the park gate are the red brick, Tudor-revival Noel Caron Almshouses (1854) which have been established locally since the 17th century. Next to these are a row of 1830s stucco villas.
The south side of Fentiman Road is characterised by late 19th century terraced housing in two distinct groups.
Forming an attractive landmark at the junction with Meadow Road
is the Cavalry Church, red brick in the Perpendicular style.