Goldbeaters Grove, HA8

Road in/near Burnt Oak

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.60869 -0.25262) 

Goldbeaters Grove, HA8

MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502020Remove markers
Road · Burnt Oak · HA8 ·
JANUARY
1
2000

Goldbeaters Grove is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.




NEARBY LOCATIONS OF NOTE
Goldbeaters Farm Goldbeaters already existed by the 14th century.

NEARBY STREETS
Abbots Road, HA8 Abbots Road follows a footpath which stretched from Bunns Lane to Orange Hill House.
Arundel Gardens, HA8 Arundel Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Benningholm Road, HA8 A street within the HA8 postcode
Benningholme Road, HA8 Benningholme Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Blundell Road, HA8 Blundell Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Bovingdon Lane, NW9 Bovingdon Lane is a road in the NW9 postcode area
Brook Walk, HA8 Brook Walk is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Clayton Field, NW9 Clayton Field is a road in the NW9 postcode area
Cranfield Drive, NW9 Cranfield Drive is a road in the NW9 postcode area
Cressingham Road, HA8 Cressingham Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Edwin Road, HA8 Edwin Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Eversfield Gardens, HA8 Eversfield Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Eversfield Gardens, NW7 Eversfield Gardens is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Fortescue Road, HA8 Fortescue Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Gold Hill, HA8 Gold Hill is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Gold Lane, HA8 Gold Lane is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Hale Drive, NW7 Hale Drive is a street in Mill Hill.
Homefield Road, HA8 Homefield Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Horsecroft Road, HA8 Horsecroft Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Islip Gardens, HA8 Islip Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Linklea Close, NW9 Linklea Close is a road in the NW9 postcode area
Long Field, NW9 Long Field is a road in the NW9 postcode area
Lyndhurst Avenue, HA8 Lyndhurst Avenue is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Lyndhurst Avenue, NW7 Lyndhurst Avenue is a street in Mill Hill.
Maple Gardens, HA8 Maple Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Mill Hill Industrial Estate, NW7 Mill Hill Industrial Estate is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Milling Road, HA8 Milling Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Mostyn Road, HA8 Mostyn Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Oldberry Road, HA8 Oldberry Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Rivington Crescent, NW7 Rivington Crescent, while part of the Graham Park estate, is over the ’ postcode border’ to lie in NW7.
Spalding Close, HA8 Spalding Close is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Storksmead Road, HA8 Storksmead Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
The Meads, HA8 The Meads is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
University Close, NW7 University Close lies off of Rivington Crescent.
Wardell Close, HA8 Wardell Close is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Wardell Field, NW9 Wardell Field is a road in the NW9 postcode area
Wolsey Grove, HA8 Wolsey Grove is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Woodcroft Avenue, HA8 Woodcroft Avenue is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Woodcroft Avenue, NW7 Woodcroft Avenue is a street in Mill Hill.
Woodland Way, NW7 Woodland Way is a street in Mill Hill.


Burnt Oak

Burnt Oak tube station is a London Underground station in on the Edgware branch of the Northern Line, between Edgware and Colindale stations.

The name Burnt Oak was first used in 1754 and from then until the 1850s referred to no more than a field on the eastern side of the Edgware Road (Watling Street). Nor is there evidence that the name implies anything except that the field had once contained a burnt oak tree.

In May 1844 Burnt Oak field was sold to a Mr Essex, and by the 1860s plans were in place to build three residential streets: North Street, East Street, and South Street. The application of the field name to the area seems to have followed from this new estate and was in use by the end of the 19th century.

However, the area was generally known as Red Hill until the opening of Burnt Oak tube station.

The station was designed by architect Stanley Heaps and opened as Burnt Oak (Watling) on the 27 October 1924, two months after the extension of the Hampstead & Highgate Line from Hendon Central to Edgware had opened. The station was originally provided with a temporary structure before the final ticket office building was constructed in 1925. The suffix was dropped from the name about 1950.


LOCAL PHOTOS
Roe Green
TUM image id: 1036
Bald Faced Stag
TUM image id: 1041
RAF Museum
TUM image id: 1094
Apex Corner in the 1920s.
TUM image id: 1155
Hale Lane
TUM image id: 2371
Featherstone Farm (1909)
TUM image id: 1517934317
The Edgware Road in Colindale
TUM image id: 1517936686
Silk Stream near Colindale (1916)
TUM image id: 1517938166
Print-friendly version of this page