Greyhound Hill, NW4
Road in/near Hendon, existing until now
Print-friendly version of this page
Greyhound Hill was part of a medieval route which ran from Church End
, Hendon to Mill Hill at the Three Hammers pub on the Ridgeway.
Greyhound Hill used to bend sharply right at the bottom of the hill, running north to become Hall Lane
. The building of Watford Way
buried the previous line of Hall Lane
Looking down the hill towards Hendon Aerodrome, Hendon residents could get a free view of the aerobatic displays when they took place.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence
The photo was taken in 1912, looking down the hill towards Hendon Aerodrome.
User unknown/public domain
Church Farmhouse Museum Church Farmhouse Museum was situated in a 17th-century farmhouse in Hendon – the oldest surviving dwelling in Hendon. M1, NW4 The M1, as it enters the NW4 postcode, is the southernmost section of this motorway. Thornbury, NW4 Thornbury is a residential block in Church End, Hendon.
Hendon railway station is a National Rail station situated to the west of Hendon, in the London Borough of Barnet.
The station was built by the Midland Railway in 1868 on its extension to St. Pancras. From 1875 the Midland opened a service to Victoria on the London, Chatham and Dover Railway and received coaches from the London and South Western Railway for attachment to north-bound trains.