North Wembley is an area of the London Borough of Brent, location of the Sudbury Court Estate.
North Wembley did not exist as a district before the arrival of the railway.
North Wembley station was first opened by the London and North Western Railway on 15 June 1912 as part of the ’New Line’ between Euston and Watford Junction. Bakerloo line services began on 16 April 1917. Originally to be called East Lane
, after the road passing over the railway at this location, it was named North Wembley instead. North Wembley station was built to the same general design as the other new stations on the same line and the layout at North Wembley station makes it almost identical to Kenton two stops to the north.
Sudbury Court Estate was built between circa 1927 to 1935, one of the best surviving ’mock tudor’ housing locally. The estate was built by Captain Edward George Spencer-Churchill who also built the Northwick Park estate further north.
Along East Lane
in North Wembley is a small range of shops. The district is one of the most diverse areas in the London.