Print-friendly version of this page Albany Street, NW1 Albany Street runs from Marylebone Road to Gloucester Gate following the east side of Regent’s Park. Augustus Street, NW1 Augustus Street - after Ernest Augustus, King of Hanover, brother of the Prince Regent (George IV). Bayham Street, NW1 Bayham Street is named for one of Lord’s Camden’s titles, Viscount Bayham. Camden Road, NW1 Camden Road is a main road running from Camden up to Holloway Road. Caversham Road, NW5 Caversham Road was named for 18th century landowner, Rev Robert South of Caversham, Cannon of Chris College, Oxford. Chester Terrace, NW1 Chester Terrace is the longest unbroken facade of the neo-classical terraces in Regent's Park. King’s Terrace, NW1 King’s Terrace was formerly Little King Street South and Little King Street North. Lady Margaret Road, NW5 Lady Margaret Road runs north to Ospringe Road with Leverton Street and Montpelier Grove running parallel to the east and west respectively. Leighton Road, NW5 The route of Leighton Road followed an original path from the Assembly House Inn on Kentish Town Road to Maiden Lane. Little Green Street, NW5 Little Green Street was built in the 1780s and is one of the few intact Georgian streets in London. Parkway, NW1 Parkway is one of Camden Town’s older roads - originally called ’The Crooked Lane’. Plender Street, NW1 William Plender, 1st Baron Plender was an accountant and public servant who served as Sheriff of the County of London in 1927. Rochester Mews, NW1 Rochester Mews is a cobbled through road with a cul-de-sac section off Rochester Road.
Chalk Farm has nothing to do with chalk at all. Though there once was a farm...
Chalk Farm's name, deceptively rural, derives from the name of the village on its site, Chalcot. These days it absorbs the spread from Camden Town and has many lively pubs, live music venues, and restaurants. Within London it is best known as the site of The Roundhouse, a former circular railway engine shed which was subsequently converted for arts and performance use.
Chalk Farm station was opened on 22 June 1907 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR). Trains originally operated between Golders Green and Charing Cross tube station, with extensions to Edgware and Kennington in 1923 and 1926, respectively.