tube station is a London Underground station on the Central Line.
Notting Hill Gate
is home to a variety of stores, restaurants, cafés and estate agents as well as more specialist stores which include rare records and antiques, as well as two historic cinemas, the Coronet (originally opened as a theatre in 1898) and The Gate, as well as also several bars and clubs.
Much of the street was redeveloped in the 1950s with two large tower blocks being erected on the north and south sides of the street.
The sub-surface Circle and District line Notting Hill Gate
station platforms were opened on 1 October 1868 by the Metropolitan
Railway as part of its extension from Paddington to Gloucester Road. The Central line platforms were opened on 30 July 1900 by the Central London Railway. Entrances to the two sets of platforms were originally via separate station buildings on opposite sides of the road and access to the CLR platforms was originally via lifts.