Devonshire Hill Farm was part of the manorial land owned by the Curtis family.
Formerly known as Clay Hill, in 1881, William Michael Curtis, and fellow trustees of the Curtis Settled Estates, enfranchised the Clay Hill land which was sold to the copyhold tenant, Frederick Alderton.
At the turn of the twentieth century, Devonshire Hill Farm was reached by a winding lane from White Hart Lane
passing Devonshire Hill Lodge, River House and terminating at Devonshire Hill Farm, owned by the New River Company. This lane eventually become a road, Devonshire Hill Lane
Clay Hill (Devonshire Hill) Farm in 1878. 19th century painting
Bruce Castle Museum (Haringey Culture, Libraries and Learning)