Hendon House was a gabled building built probably in the 16th century.
It was first the residence of topographer John Norden (1548-1625), of Sir William Rawlinson (1640- 1703), a Commissioner of the Great Seal, from 1691 and afterwards of his daughter, whose second husband was Giles Earle (1678-1759), the politician. The house was rebuilt in the early 19th century.
There was a private lunatic asylum for ladies run by Miss Dence at Hendon House in 1861.
Economic distress caused a procession of the unemployed to march from the parish pump in Brent Street
to the local board offices in the Burroughs in 1887. A soup kitchen was opened in Hendon House and the vicar provided free meals for the poor.
Hendon House was demolished in 1909.