Denman Avenue is a location in London.
Norwood Green is the modern name for the old hamlet called Norwood in the manor of Norwood; this name in turn derives from the Saxon settlement name of Northuuda.
The appearance of the parish was altered by the cutting in 1796 of the Grand Junction Canal.
Norwood was inclosed under the Hayes Inclosure Act of 1809, but the award was not made until 1814, when under 1000 acres were inclosed. Roads and settlements had altered very little at this date. Norwood Road, then called Wolf Lane, had been extended down to Norwood Green where it joined Tentelow Lane (then called Duncot Lane), leading to Heston. Western Road was a small unnamed field lane, leading off Southall Green Lane
(now King Street, the Green, and South Road), and another small field lane, Templewood Lane, left Tentelow Lane and ran along the line of Glade Lane. There were 9 farm-houses in the parish, of which one at Frogmore Green, next door to the 'Wolf', was named Manor Farm.
Almost all of the eastern half of the parish was owned by the Earl of Jersey, part of whose park of Osterley extended into the southern portion of Norwood. Two other people, Thomas Parker and John Brett, each owned about 150 a. There were several large houses, one of which was Southall Park, owned by Lord Jersey.
By 1816 wharfs had appeared on the Grand Junction Canal at the junction with the Paddington Canal at Bull's Bridge. Grouped round the triangular Green at Norwood were many 'respectable villas' of an 'ornamental character'. By the 1960s a number of these in Norwood Road and Tentelow Lane had been replaced by modern buildings; those which survived included Vine Cottage in Tentelow Lane and, in Norwood Green Road, an attached pair of tall three-storied houses known as the Grange and Friars Lawn.
Norwood Hall, standing in extensive grounds to the east of Friars Lawn, had been much altered and enlarged in the late 19th century and in 1968 was in use by the Ealing Borough Council as a horticultural institute. It is probable that all three houses were built in 1813.
A few early-19thcentury houses of more modest character have survived at Frogmore Green. In 1821 there were only four farms in Norwood, of which three, Southall Lane, Dormer's or Dorman's Well, and Warren farms, were owned by Lord Jersey. The fourth, Waxlow Farm, provided the name for the modern local telephone exchange. By 1834 the houses in the parish were described as mainly labourers' cottages, although labour itself was fairly scarce.
The manor of Norwood was in the parish of Hounslow until 1859 when the church of St Mary became the parish church. This new parish encompassed also the hamlets of Southall and Northcotte.
In 1894, under the Local Government Act 1894, Norwood Green formed part of the Southall Norwood Urban District of Middlesex. The urban district gained further status as a municipal borough in 1936 and was renamed Southall. When the municipal borough was abolished in 1965, under the London Government Act 1963, the area became part of the London Borough of Ealing.