Print-friendly version of this page
Victoria Gardens is a street in Notting Hill.
Abbotsbury Road, W14 Abbotsbury Road It runs between Melbury Road and the road known as Holland Park. Abingdon Road, W8 Abingdon Road stretches between Stratford Road and Kensington High Street. Acklam Road, W10 Acklam Road was the centre of much action during the building of the Westway Airlie Gardens, W8 Airlie Gardens is named after the 5th Earl of Airlie (1826-1881), who lived on nearby Campden Hill at Holly Lodge. Alfred Road, W2 Alfred Road is the last survivor of a set of Victorian streets. All Saints Road, W11 Built between 1852-61, All Saints Road is named after All Saints Church on Talbot Road. Argyll Road, W8 Argyll Road was built as part of the development of the Phillimore Estate. Arundel Gardens, W11 Arundel Gardens was built towards the end of the development of the Ladbroke Estate, in the early 1860s. Aubrey Road, W8 Aubrey Road leads into Aubrey Walk, which runs west of Campden Hill Road at the top of Campden Hill. It was named in the 1840s. Aubrey Walk, W8 Aubrey Walk runs west of Campden Hill Road at the top of Campden Hill. Berkeley Gardens, W8 Berkeley Gardens is a short street which runs between Brunswick Gardens and Kensington Church Street containing terraced houses on both sides with small front gardens. Brunswick Gardens, W8 Brunswick Gardens runs north from Vicarage Gate - a wide tree-lined road with white stuccoed terraces on either side. Callcott Street, W8 Callcott Street is a small street between Uxbridge Street and Hillgate Place. Campden Grove, W8 Campden Grove runs between Kensington Church Street and Hornton Street.
Campden Hill Close, W8 Campden Hill Close is a small cul-de-sac entered by a narrow driveway off Hornton Street. Campden Street, W8 Campden Street stretches between Campden Hill Road and Kensington Church Street. Chepstow Place, W2 Chepstow Place runs from the junction of Westbourne Grove and Pembridge Villas in the north to Pembridge Square in the south. Colville Gardens, W11 Colville Gardens was laid out in the 1870s by the builder George Frederick Tippett, who developed much of the rest of the neighbourhood. Duchess of Bedford’s Walk, W8 Lady Georgiana Russell, wife of John Russell, 6th Duke of Bedford lived at Argyll Lodge, a former house on Campden Hill, near the location of the road. Edenham Way, W10 Edenham Way is one of the streets of London in the W10 postal area. Horbury Crescent, W11 Horbury Crescent is a short and handsome half-moon shaped street between Ladbroke Road and Kensington Park Road, W11. Ilchester Place, W14 Ilchester Place runs between Abbotsbury Road and Melbury Road, immediately adjacent to the southern boundary of Holland Park itself. Kensington High Street, W8 Kensington High Street is one of western London’s most popular shopping streets, with upmarket shops serving a wealthy area. Ladbroke Square, W11 The huge Ladbroke Square communal garden is part communal garden accessed from the backs of the houses lining it and part traditional London Square with roads between the houses and the square. Ladbroke Terrace, W11 Ladbroke Terrace was one of the first streets to be created on the Ladbroke estate. Ledbury Road, W11 Ledbury Road is split between W2 and W11, the postal line intersecting the street. Phillimore Place, W8 Phillimore Place was part of the old Phillimore Estate and, at first, named Durham Villas. Tavistock Crescent, W11 Tavistock Crescent was where the first Notting Hill Carnival procession began on 18 September 1966. Westway, W10 Westway is the A40(M) motorway which runs on an elevated section along the W10/W11 border. Wilby Mews, W11 Wilby Mews was named after Benjamin Wilby, who was involved in several 19th century development schemes.
Notting Hill Gate tube station is a London Underground station on the Central Line.Notting Hill Gate
is home to a variety of stores, restaurants, cafés and estate agents as well as more specialist stores which include rare records and antiques, as well as two historic cinemas, the Coronet (originally opened as a theatre in 1898) and The Gate, as well as also several bars and clubs.
Much of the street was redeveloped in the 1950s with two large tower blocks being erected on the north and south sides of the street.
The sub-surface Circle and District line Notting Hill Gate
station platforms were opened on 1 October 1868 by the Metropolitan Railway as part of its extension from Paddington to Gloucester Road. The Central line platforms were opened on 30 July 1900 by the Central London Railway. Entrances to the two sets of platforms were originally via separate station buildings on opposite sides of the road and access to the CLR platforms was originally via lifts.