The 'Vic' was the first building on the right when crossing the canal going north along
Its start date as a hostelry is unknown - the name (both "Victoria Arms" and "Queen Victoria") suggests that it was of 19th century origin though it is not marked as a pub on the 1900 map.
A very small establishment, it stood just next to a "dingy" staircase and alleyway which formed a short cut between Ladbroke Grove
and what was Church Place - handy for the bus stop for the number 18 bus along the Harrow Road
. Down the stairs were the toilets of the pub and a small beer garden.
Church Place is now called St John's Terrace and the right of way is still there.
In later years it became called "The Narrow Boat" and was a Fullers pub. It was a regular in the Good Beer Guide.
It fell into disrepair when the landlord, known as Wally, retired, then it fell down.
A 1984 episode of the TV series "Minder" (Season 4, Episode 6, If Money Be the Food of Love, Play On) was shot there.
It closed around 1989 and has since been demolished.