Harrow Road (1920s)
Image dated 1870
Print-friendly version of this page Harrow RoadWest Kilburn is the westernmost slice of London W9, centered around Fernhead Road.
in the 1920s, looking south east towards the Prince of Wales
pub and the Emmanuel Church spire.
On the right of the image can be seen the pre-war Harrow Road
Market. Beyond the market is North Paddington School.
The market, almost opposite Benjamins furniture shop, later became a wood yard.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence
Harrow Road, near the junction of Bravington Road in the 1920s.
User unknown/public domain
West Kilburn is a rather small part of London. Bravington Road
forms the boundary of West Kilburn with its neighbour to the west - the Queens Park Estate.
To the north is Queen's Park station itself. Walterton Road
and Saltram Crescent
forms the eastern boundary with Harrow Road
to the south.
Tall 19th century houses are the predominant feature in this area. Many have now been converted to flats.
The area houses two hitherto notorious estates - the Mozart and the South Kilburn in Brent.