Print-friendly version of this page
Rona Road is a street in Hampstead.
Ainger Road, NW3 Ainger Road lies along the boundary of St John’s Hampstead, a parish which saw rapid development in the nineteenth century. Allcroft Road, NW5 Allcroft Road was built between 1862 and 1870 to links Queen’s Crescent with roads to the south.
Bridge Approach, NW1 Bridge Approach was once a busy thoroughfare connecting Regents Park Road with the world. Fitzroy Close, N6 Fitzroy Close is one of the streets of London in the N6 postal area. Hillway, N6 Hillway was formerly a named path called Bromwich’s Walk. Lismore Circus, NW5 Lismore Circus was a former Victorian circus with six streets radiating from it. Oppidans Mews, NW3 Oppidans Mews was the very road to be laid out in the original development of the area.
Hampstead Heath railway station has been part of the London Overground since 11 November 2007.
In the nineteenth century up to 100,000 people per day used the station at weekends and on public holidays as the Heath was a popular holiday destination for Londoners. The station was rebuilt, after Second World War bomb damage, and in the 1990s in conjunction with works to allow Eurostar trains to use the North London Line.