Cedar Road, TW4
Road is in an area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before- in this area, buildings are mainly post-war
Print-friendly version of this page
Cedar Road is a road in the TW4 postcode area
35, TW5 A street within the TW5 postcode 96, TW5 A street within the TW5 postcode 98, TW5 A street within the TW5 postcode Bath Road, TW5 Bath Road is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district. Burns Way, TW5 Burns Way, lying to the north of Hounslow West, lies next to the remains of Hounslow’s countryside. Lela Avenue, TW4 Lela Avenue is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district. Mink Court, TW4 Mink Court is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district. Raccoon Way, TW4 Raccoon Way is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district. Vincent Road, TW4 Vincent Road is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district. Windsor Road, TW4 Windsor Road is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Hounslow West was once the terminus of the London Underground Hounslow branch.
The original station was opened by the District Railway (now the District line) on 21 July 1884. It was originally named Hounslow Barracks since it was situated close to the Cavalry Barracks in Hounslow which were south of the station on Beavers Lane.
At first, the station was the terminus of a single track branch line from the now-closed Hounslow Town station on Hounslow High Street. This branch diverged from the main route about 300 metres east of the present Hounslow East station. When the branch opened there were no intermediate stations between this station and Osterley & Spring Grove (now called Osterley).
New stations were eventually opened and on 1 December 1925 Hounslow West, Hounslow Central and Hounslow East received their current station names. The branch had been electrified in 1905.
The original building was demolished and a new Stanley Heaps and Charles Holden-designed Hounslow West opened on 5 July 1931 on the Bath Road
Piccadilly line services were extended to Hounslow West on 13 March 1933. District line services were progressively reduced to rush-hour services before final withdrawal on 9 October 196
In the 1970s, work began on an extension from Hounslow West to Heathrow Airport. As the Heathrow service required a new alignment, new platforms were brought into use underground in 1975.
Hounslow West is located on Bath Road
about 600 metres from its junction with the Great West Road and Great South West Road.