Print-friendly version of this page
Maxwell Rise is a road in the WD19 postcode area
Carpenders Park station lies in the Hertfordshire commuter suburb of South Oxhey.
Carpenders Park was opened by the London and North Western Railway on 1 April 1914. It closed again on 1 January 1917 only to reopen once more on 5 May 1919 and served only by London Electric Railway (which later became London Underground) trains. L&NWR electric trains were reinstated from 10 July 1922. The original station was built to serve the nearby golf course.
The station was location 210 metres further north than the current site - it was a wooden two platform structure with a footbridge. It was closed on 17 November 1952 when the present station opened.
London Underground trains served the station until 24 September 1982.
London Overground services from London Euston to Watford Junction currently serve Carpenders Park station.