Woodcroft Avenue, HA8

Road in/near Burnt Oak

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.60957 -0.24904) 

Woodcroft Avenue, HA8

MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502020Remove markers
Road · Burnt Oak · NW7 ·
JUNE
3
2017

Woodcroft Avenue is a road in the HA8 postcode area




NEARBY LOCATIONS OF NOTE
Goldbeaters Farm Goldbeaters already existed by the 14th century.

NEARBY STREETS
Arundel Gardens, HA8 Arundel Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Benningholm Road, HA8 A street within the HA8 postcode
Benningholme Road, HA8 Benningholme Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Blundell Road, HA8 Blundell Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Bunns Lane, NW7 Bunns Lane is an old lane, dating from the Middle Ages.
Courtgate Close, NW7 Courtgate Close is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Eversfield Gardens, HA8 Eversfield Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Eversfield Gardens, NW7 Eversfield Gardens is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Field Mead, NW9 Field Mead is a street in Kingsbury.
Flower Lane, NW7 Flower Lane dates from the eighteenth century.
Gold Hill, HA8 Gold Hill is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Goldbeaters Grove, HA8 Goldbeaters Grove is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Homefield Road, HA8 Homefield Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
Horsecroft Road, HA8 Horsecroft Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Langley Park, NW7 Langley Park is a street in Mill Hill.
Lyndhurst Avenue, HA8 Lyndhurst Avenue is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Lyndhurst Avenue, NW7 Lyndhurst Avenue is a street in Mill Hill.
Maple Gardens, HA8 Maple Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Mill Hill Industrial Estate, NW7 Mill Hill Industrial Estate is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Milling Road, HA8 Milling Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Mostyn Road, HA8 Mostyn Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Oldberry Road, HA8 Oldberry Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Parkmead Gardens, NW7 Parkmead Gardens is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Pentavia Retail Park, NW7 Pentavia Retail Park is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Rivington Crescent, NW7 Rivington Crescent, while part of the Graham Park estate, is over the ’ postcode border’ to lie in NW7.
Sandbrook Close, NW7 Sandbrook Close is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Spalding Close, HA8 Spalding Close is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Station Road, NW7 Station Road is a street in Mill Hill.
Storksmead Road, HA8 Storksmead Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Sunnydale Gardens, NW7 Sunnydale Gardens is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Sylvan Avenue, NW7 Sylvan Avenue is a street in Mill Hill.
The Meads, HA8 The Meads is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.
University Close, NW7 University Close lies off of Rivington Crescent.
Wardell Close, HA8 Wardell Close is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Wiggins Mead, NW9 Wiggins Mead is a road in the NW9 postcode area
Wisteria Close, NW7 Wisteria Close is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Wolsey Grove, HA8 Wolsey Grove is a road in the HA8 postcode area
Woodcroft Avenue, NW7 Woodcroft Avenue is a street in Mill Hill.
Woodland Way, NW7 Woodland Way is a street in Mill Hill.


Burnt Oak

Burnt Oak tube station is a London Underground station in on the Edgware branch of the Northern Line, between Edgware and Colindale stations.

The name Burnt Oak was first used in 1754 and from then until the 1850s referred to no more than a field on the eastern side of the Edgware Road (Watling Street). Nor is there evidence that the name implies anything except that the field had once contained a burnt oak tree.

In May 1844 Burnt Oak field was sold to a Mr Essex, and by the 1860s plans were in place to build three residential streets: North Street, East Street, and South Street. The application of the field name to the area seems to have followed from this new estate and was in use by the end of the 19th century.

However, the area was generally known as Red Hill until the opening of Burnt Oak tube station.

The station was designed by architect Stanley Heaps and opened as Burnt Oak (Watling) on the 27 October 1924, two months after the extension of the Hampstead & Highgate Line from Hendon Central to Edgware had opened. The station was originally provided with a temporary structure before the final ticket office building was constructed in 1925. The suffix was dropped from the name about 1950.


LOCAL PHOTOS
Roe Green
TUM image id: 1036
Bald Faced Stag
TUM image id: 1041
RAF Museum
TUM image id: 1094
Apex Corner in the 1920s.
TUM image id: 1155
Hale Lane
TUM image id: 2371
Featherstone Farm (1909)
TUM image id: 1517934317
The Edgware Road in Colindale
TUM image id: 1517936686
Silk Stream near Colindale (1916)
TUM image id: 1517938166
Print-friendly version of this page