Print-friendly version of this page
Edgeworth Avenue is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Butchers Lane (1923) Photographed in 1923, this stretch of Butchers Lane would soon become Hendon Central Circus and have Watford Way built along the route of the old lane. Hendon Central Hendon Central tube station is on the Edgware branch of the Northern Line. Hendon Central (1928) Photographed in 1928, this stretch of Watford Way at Hendon Central Circus had recently been built along ancient Butchers Lane and shops were rapidly lining its sides. The United Dairies occupied the domed building, a prestigeous site. Hendon War Memorial Hendon War Memorial is located on the central reservation at the junction between Watford Way and The Burroughs. Central Circus, NW4 Central Circus is the postal designation for addresses around Hendon Central circus. Station Road, NW4 Station Road led from the centre of Hendon village to its first station and to the Edgware Road. The Burroughs, NW4 The Burroughs, now simply a road, referred to a hamlet until the 1890s.
Hendon railway station is a National Rail station situated to the west of Hendon, in the London Borough of Barnet.
The station was built by the Midland Railway in 1868 on its extension to St. Pancras. From 1875 the Midland opened a service to Victoria on the London, Chatham and Dover Railway and received coaches from the London and South Western Railway for attachment to north-bound trains.