Print-friendly version of this page
Alwyn Gardens is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Church Farmhouse Museum Church Farmhouse Museum was situated in a 17th-century farmhouse in Hendon – the oldest surviving dwelling in Hendon. Hendon War Memorial Hendon War Memorial is located on the central reservation at the junction between Watford Way and The Burroughs. Greyhound Hill, NW4 Greyhound Hill was part of a medieval route which ran from Church End, Hendon to Mill Hill at the Three Hammers pub on the Ridgeway. M1, NW4 The M1, as it enters the NW4 postcode, is the southernmost section of this motorway. The Burroughs, NW4 The Burroughs, now simply a road, referred to a hamlet until the 1890s.
Hendon railway station is a National Rail station situated to the west of Hendon, in the London Borough of Barnet.
The station was built by the Midland Railway in 1868 on its extension to St. Pancras. From 1875 the Midland opened a service to Victoria on the London, Chatham and Dover Railway and received coaches from the London and South Western Railway for attachment to north-bound trains.