Tenterden Close, NW4

Road in/near Hendon

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.59292 -0.21841) 

Tenterden Close, NW4

MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502020Remove markers
Road · Hendon · NW4 ·
July
8
2017

Tenterden Close is a road in the NW4 postcode area




NEARBY LOCATIONS OF NOTE
Hasmonean High School Hasmonean High School is a secondary school and sixth form with academy status for pupils from Orthodox Jewish families.

NEARBY STREETS
Aprey Gardens, NW4 Aprey Gardens is a street in Hendon.
Ashley Lane, NW4 Ashley Lane is divided into an official road and a track which is part of a nature reserve.
Boltmore Close, NW4 Boltmore Close is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Boyne Avenue, NW4 Boyne Avenue is a street in Hendon.
Brinsdale Road, NW4 Brinsdale Road is a street in Hendon.
Cedars Close, NW4 Cedars Close is a street in Hendon.
Church Road, NW4 Church Road is a street in Hendon.
Church Road, TN14 Church Road is a road in the TN14 postcode area
Courtney House, NW4 Residential block
Downage, NW4 Downage is a road with an ancient name.
Edinburgh House, NW4 Residential block
Finchley Lane, NW4 Finchley Lane connects from Church End to Finchley.
First Avenue, NW4 First Avenue is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Florence Street, NW4 Florence Street is a street in Hendon.
Fuller Street, NW4 Fuller Street is a street in Hendon.
Garrick Drive, NW4 Garrick Drive is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Garrick Park, NW4 Garrick Park is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Glebe Crescent, NW4 Glebe Crescent is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Holders Hill Avenue, NW4 Holders Hill Avenue is a street in Hendon.
Holders Hill Crescent, NW4 Holders Hill Crescent is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Holders Hill Drive, N3 Holders Hill Drive is a road in the N3 postcode area
Holders Hill Drive, NW4 Holders Hill Drive is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Johns Avenue, NW4 Johns Avenue is a street in Hendon.
Linfield Close, NW4 Linfield Close is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Links Green, E4 Links Green is a road in the E4 postcode area
Manor Hall Drive, NW4 Manor Hall Drive is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Meadow Drive, NW4 Meadow Drive is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Mills Grove, NW4 Mills Grove is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Mulberry Close, NW4 Mulberry Close is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Mulberry Close, SE22 Mulberry Close is a road in the SE22 postcode area
Nursery Walk, NW4 Nursery Walk is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Parson Street, NW4 Parson Street was already in existence by 1321.
Prince of Wales Close, NW4 Prince of Wales Close is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Ravenshurst Avenue, NW4 Ravenshurst Avenue is a street in Hendon.
Ridge Close, NW4 Ridge Close is a street in Hendon.
Riverside Gardens, N3 Riverside Gardens is a road in the N3 postcode area
Robin Lane, NW4 Robin Lane is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Rowsley Avenue, NW4 Rowsley Avenue is a street in Hendon.
Second Avenue, NW4 Second Avenue is a street in Hendon.
Sherwood Road, NW4 Sherwood Road is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Studio Mews, NW4 Studio Mews is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Sunningfields Road, NW4 Sunningfields Road is a street in Hendon.
Sunny Gardens Parade, NW4 Sunny Gardens Parade is a street in Hendon.
Sunny Gardens Road, NW4 Sunny Gardens Road is a street in Hendon.
Sunny Place, NW4 Sunny Place is a street in Hendon.
Sutton Parade, NW4 Sutton Parade is a street in Hendon.
Tenterden Close, NW4 Tentendon Close is a small cul-de-sac off of Tenterden Grove in Hendon.
Tenterden Drive, NW4 Tenterden Drive is a street in Hendon.
Tenterden Gardens, NW4 Tenterden Gardens is a street in Hendon.
Tenterden Grove, NW4 Tenterden Grove is a street in Hendon.
The Garage, NW4 The Garage is a street in Hendon.
Thornbury, NW4 Thornbury is a residential block in Church End, Hendon.
Westchester Drive, NW4 Westchester Drive is a road in the NW4 postcode area
Westhorpe Gardens, NW4 Westhorpe Gardens is a street in Hendon.


Queen's Park

Queen's Park lies between Kilburn and Kensal Green, developed from 1875 onwards and named to honour Queen Victoria.

The north of Queen's Park formed part of the parish of Willesden and the southern section formed an exclave of the parish of Chelsea, both in the Ossulstone hundred of Middlesex. In 1889 the area of the Metropolitan Board of Works that included the southern section of Queen's Park was transferred from Middlesex to the County of London, and in 1900 the anomaly of being administered from Chelsea was removed when the exclave was united with the parish of Paddington. In 1965 both parts of Queen's Park became part of Greater London: the northern section - Queen's Park 'proper' formed part of Brent and the southern section - the Queen's Park Estate - joined the City of Westminster.

Queen's Park, like much of Kilburn, was developed by Solomon Barnett. The two-storey terraced houses east of the park, built between 1895 and 1900, typically have clean, classical lines. Those west of the park, built 1900–05, tend to be more Gothic in style. Barnett's wife was from the West Country, and many of the roads he developed are named either for places she knew (e.g. Torbay, Tiverton, Honiton) or for popular poets of the time (e.g. Tennyson). The first occupants of the area in late Victorian times were typically lower middle class, such as clerks and teachers. Queen's Park is both demographically and architecturally diverse. The streets around the park at the heart of Queens Park are a conservation area.

There is hardly any social housing in the streets around Queens Park itself, and the area was zoned as not suitable for social housing in the 1970s and 1980s as even then house prices were above average for the borough of Brent, which made them unaffordable for local Housing Associations. The main shopping streets of Salusbury Road and Chamberlayne Road have fewer convenience stores and more high-value shops and restaurants. Local schools – some of which struggled to attract the children of wealthier local families in the past – are now over-subscribed. House prices have risen accordingly.

Queen's Park station was first opened by the London and North Western Railway (LNWR) on 2 June 1879 on the main line from London to Birmingham.

Services on the Bakerloo line were extended from Kilburn Park to Queen's Park on 11 February 1915. On 10 May 1915 Bakerloo services began to operate north of Queen's Park as far as Willesden Junction over the recently built Watford DC Line tracks shared with the LNWR. As of December 2013, no mainline services calling at the station and the Watford service has been transferred to London Overground.


LOCAL PHOTOS
Hendon Central circus
TUM image id: 1025
Shire Hall
TUM image id: 1030
Hendon House
TUM image id: 1032
Farmhouse
TUM image id: 1040
Woodstock House
TUM image id: 1050
Hendon coat of arms
TUM image id: 1053
Golders Lodge
TUM image id: 1058
Hendon Greyhound Stadium
TUM image id: 1060
Hendon Fever Hospital
TUM image id: 1072
The Oaks
TUM image id: 2370
Brent Cross sewage works
TUM image id: 2372
Print-friendly version of this page