Harman Close is a road in the NW2 postcode area
Ardwick Road, NW2 Ardwick Road was named Major Ardwick Burgess who developed the road. Ariel Road, NW6 Ariel Road was formed from the 1885 combination of Ariel Street and Spencer Terrace. Chandos Way, NW11 Chandos Way runs off of Wellgarth Road and Britten Close, in turn, runs off Chandos Way. Chichele Road, NW2 Chichele Road is named after All Souls’ College founder Henry Chichele. Dennington Park Road, NW6 About 1881 Dennington Park Road was constructed on the line of Sweetbriar Walk, the old path to Lauriston Lodge. Exeter Road, NW6 Exeter Road is one of the streets of London in the NW6 postal area. Finchley Road, NW2 Finchley Road runs briefly through the NW2 postcode as it passes through Childs Hill. Frognal Parade, NW3 Frognal Parade is a parade of shops lying beyond Finchley Road and Frognal station. Heath Drive, NW3 Heath Drive, one of the roads connecting Hampstead with the Finchley Road was originally West Hampstead Avenue. Holmdale Road, NW6 Holmdale Road runs from Mill Lane to Dennington Park Road in West Hampstead. Inglewood Road, NW6 Inglewood Road, NW6 was one of the last roads to be built in West End, West Hampstead. Lithos Road, NW3 Lithos Road is part of the NW3 postal area which lies west of the Finchley Road. Mill Lane, NW2 West of the bridge over the railway, Mill Lane enters the NW2 postcode. Mill Lane, NW6 Mill Lane forms the boundary between Fortune Green and West Hampstead. Pennine Drive, NW2 Pennine Drive is the main road of the so-called ’Golders Green Estate’. Platt’s Lane, NW3 A farmhouse on the edge of the heath was enlarged by Thomas Platt before 1811 and who gave his name to the lane.
Rotherwick Road, NW11 Rotherwick Road, like Corringham Road, links Golders Green with Hampstead Garden Suburb. The Limes, NW3 The Limes replaced the Hare and Hounds pub which previously stood here. The Mansions, NW6 The Mansions is a residential block on the north side of Mill Lane. Tilling Road, NW2 Tilling Road was named after Thomas Tilling, founder of the London omnibus firm. Ulysses Road, NW6 Ulysses Road is one of a series of streets named after the Trojan War. Walm Lane, NW2 Walm Lane links Willesden High Road with the Edgware Road.
Cricklewood is a district whose northeastern part is in the London Borough of Barnet, and the southwestern part is the London Borough of Brent and the southeastern part is in London Borough of Camden.
There was a small settlement at the junction of Cricklewood Lane
and the Edgware Road
by 1294, which by 1321 was being called Cricklewood. By the 1750s the Crown (rebuilt in 1889), was providing for coach travellers and by the 1800s it had a handful of cottages and Cricklewood House as neighbours, and was known for its pleasure gardens
. By the 1860s there were a number of substantial villas along the Edgware Road
starting with Rockhall Lodge and culminating in Rockhall Terrace.
Childs Hill Station, later Cricklewood, opened in 1868, but Cricklewood only fully became an industrial and suburban district in the 1930s. In the summer of 1881 the Midland Railway Company moved its locomotive works from Kentish Town to the new Brent Sidings
, and in October of the same year it was announced that new accommodation for its workers would be built, later the Railway Terraces. Mr H Finch laid out a handful of roads directly behind the Crown Inn, (including Yew, Ash, and Elm, Grove) in 1880. The station became the terminus for the Midland Railways suburban services by 1884. The census of 1881 showed that the population had grown enough for a new church, and St Peter's replaced a tin chapel in 1891, (closed 1983 subsequent to rebuilding in the 1970s). The London General Omnibus Company terminated services to Regents Street at the Crown from 1883, opening a bus depot in 1899.
By the 1890s houses and shops had been built along part of Cricklewood Lane
. . Cricklewood Broadway
had become retail area by 1900 replacing the Victorian villas. The Queens Hall Cinema, later the Gaumont, replaced Rock Hall House, and was itself demolished in 1960. Thorverton road, was laid out in 1907, along with Caddington, and Dersingham Road
, the year of the opening of Golders Green
underground station. With the introduction of trams in 1904 and the motorisation of bus services by 1911, a number of important industries were established. The first of these was the Phoenix Telephone Co. in 1911 (later moved to the Hyde), quickly followed by Handley Page Ltd, aircraft manufacturers, from 1912 until 1917, at 110 Cricklewood Lane
Cricklewood also became the home for the first Smith Crisps factory replacing the omnibus depot at Crown Yard. Having moved into new premises in Cricklewood Lane
the yard was taken over by Clang electrical goods Ltd. From 1929 to 1933 the area was finally built over.
Cowhouse Farm, latterly Dickers Farm and finally Avenue Farm, was closed in 1932. From 1908 to 1935, Westcroft Farm was owned by the Home of Rest for Horses, at its peak it could house 250 horses. The Metropolitan Borough of Hampstead opened the Westcroft Estate in 1935. From the 1960s industry in the local area went into decline, and all the above-mentioned industries have left.