Print-friendly version of this page
Turner’s Wood, built in 1916, was the final road of the original Hampstead Garden Suburb before the First World War brought work to an end.
It was the last work of architect G.L. Sutcliffe who died soon after its completion. The architecture varies greatly.
Turner’s Wood was very successful architecturally - red brickwork being a major feature.
The road is backed onto by a private woodland of the same name.
Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust
Spaniards Inn The Spaniards Inn lies in Hampstead Lane on the way from Hampstead to Highgate and on the edge of Hampstead Heath. Chandos Way, NW11 Chandos Way runs off of Wellgarth Road and Britten Close, in turn, runs off Chandos Way.
Hampstead Garden Suburb is a suburb, north of Hampstead, west of Highgate, and east of Golders Green. It is an example of early twentieth-century domestic architecture and town planning located in the London Borough of Barnet in northwest London.
The master plan was prepared by Barry Parker and Sir Raymond Unwin.
In the neighbourhood...
Click an image below for a better view...