Everton Buildings is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Albany Street, NW1 Albany Street runs from Marylebone Road to Gloucester Gate following the east side of Regent’s Park. Albany Terrace, NW1 Albany Terrace was named after Prince Frederick, Duke of York and Albany, brother of the Prince Regent (George IV). Aldenham Street, NW1 Aldenham Street – Richard Platt, 16th century brewer and local landowner, gave land for the endowment of Aldenham School, Hertfordshire. Alfred Mews, WC1E Alfred Mews is situated off Tottenham Court Road, running behind the gardens of North Crescent. All Souls Place, W1B All Souls Place is a short cul-de-sac in the shadow of All Souls Church, originating in the eighteenth century as a mews off Edward Street. Argyll Street, W1F Argyll Street was named after John Campbell, 2nd Duke of Argyll, owner of the land in the 18th century. Augustus Street, NW1 Augustus Street - after Ernest Augustus, King of Hanover, brother of the Prince Regent (George IV). Bayham Street, NW1 Bayham Street is named for one of Lord’s Camden’s titles, Viscount Bayham. Berners Mews, W1T Berners Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Berners Street, W1D Berners Street runs from the junction of Oxford Street and Wardour Street to join up with Mortimer Street and the former Middlesex Hospital. Berwick Road, W1F Berwick Road is one of the streets of London in the W1F postal area. Berwick Street, W1F Berwick Street commemorates the Duke of Berwick, an illegitimate son of James II. Bird Street, W1T Bird Street is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Bywell Place, W1T Bywell Place is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Camden Road, NW1 Camden Road is a main road running from Camden up to Holloway Road. Cavendish Square, W1G Cavendish Square was laid out in 1717–18 at the beginning of the transformation of Harley family lands in Marylebone. Chester Terrace, NW1 Chester Terrace is the longest unbroken facade of the neo-classical terraces in Regent's Park. Cleveland Street, W1W Cleveland Street maybe dates from before 1632 when its name was recorded as Wrastling Lane. Conway Mews, W1T Conway Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Conway Street, W1T Conway Street runs from the Euston Road in the north to Fitzroy Square in the south. Deans Mews, W1G Deans Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1G postal area. Duchess Mews, W1G Duchess Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1G postal area. Eastcastle Street, W1T The portion of Eastcastle Street to the east of Wells Street originally belonged to the Berners Estate. Fair Road, W1B Fair Road is one of the streets of London in the W1B postal area. First Floor, W1T First Floor is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Fitzroy Mews, W1T Fitzroy Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Foley Street, W1W Foley Street is one of the streets of London in the W1W postal area. Goodge Place, W1T Goodge Place is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Gower Street, WC1E Gower Street is named after Gertrude Leveson-Gower, the wife of John Russell, the 4th Duke of Bedford. Grafton Mews, W1T Grafton Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Grafton Way, W1T Grafton Way is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Hills Place, W1F Hills Place is one of the streets of London in the W1F postal area. Holles Street, W1C Holles Street runs north from Oxford Street, on the east side of the John Lewis store. King’s Terrace, NW1 King’s Terrace was formerly Little King Street South and Little King Street North. Maple Street, W1T Maple Street is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Market Place, W1W Market Place is one of the streets of London in the W1W postal area. Noel Street, W1F Noel Street is one of the streets of London in the W1F postal area. Ogle Street, W1W Ogle Street is one of the streets of London in the W1W postal area. Palladium House, W1B Palladium House is a grade II listed (in 1981) Art Deco office building located on the corner of Great Marlborough Street and Argyll Street. Parkway, NW1 Parkway is one of Camden Town’s older roads - originally called ’The Crooked Lane’. Plender Street, NW1 William Plender, 1st Baron Plender was an accountant and public servant who served as Sheriff of the County of London in 1927. Rathbone Place, W1T Rathbone Place honours Captain Rathbone who was the builder of the road and properties thereon from 1718 onwards. Riding House Street, W1W Riding House Street commemorates a riding house and barracks of the First Troop of Horse Grenadier Guards. Scala Street, W1T Scala Street is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Stephen Mews, W1T Stephen Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Union Street, W1W The easternmost section of Riding House Street was previously known as Union Street. Wardour Street, W1F Wardour Street is a street that runs north from Leicester Square, through Chinatown, across Shaftesbury Avenue to Oxford Street. Warren Mews, W1T Warren Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Warren Street, W1T Warren Street was named after Anne Warren (1737–1807), the wife of Charles FitzRoy, landowner. Wells Mews, W1T Wells Mews is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Wells Street, W1W Wells Street is one of the streets of London in the W1T postal area. Whitfield Street, W1T Whitfield Street runs from Warren Street in the north to Windmill Street in the south.
London Euston is the southern terminus of the West Coast Main Line - serving Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
Euston was the first inter-city railway station in London. It opened on 20 July 1837 as the terminus of the London and Birmingham Railway.
The site was selected in the early 1830s by George and Robert Stephenson, engineers of the London and Birmingham Railway. The area was then mostly farmland at the edge of the expanding city of London. The station was named after Euston Hall
in Suffolk, the ancestral home of the Dukes of Grafton, who were the main landowners in the area.
Objections to the station by local farmers meant that, when the Act authorising construction of the line was passed in 1833, the terminus was relocated to Chalk Farm. However, these objections were overcome, and in 1835 an Act authorising construction of the station at its originally planned site was passed, and construction went ahead.
The original station was built by William Cubitt. It was designed by the classically trained architect Philip Hardwick and initially it had only two platforms, one for departures and one for arrivals. Also designed by Hardwick was a 72 foot-high Doric propylaeum, the largest ever built, erected at the entrance as a portico and which became known as the Euston Arch
The station grew rapidly over the following years as traffic increased. It was greatly expanded in the 1840s, with the opening in 1849 of the spectacular Great Hall, designed by Hardwick's son Philip Charles Hardwick in classical style.
In the early 1960s it was decided that a larger station was required. Because of the restricted layout of track and tunnels at the northern end, enlargement could be accomplished only by expanding southwards over the area occupied by the Great Hall and the Arch. Amid much public outcry, the station building including the Arch was demolished in 1961-2 and replaced by a new building. Its opening in 1968 followed the electrification of the West Coast Main Line.
A few remnants of the older station remain: two Portland stone entrance lodges and a war memorial. A statue of Robert Stephenson by Carlo Marochetti, previously in the old ticket hall, stands in the forecourt.
On 12 May 1907 the City and South London Railway (C&SLR, now the Bank branch of the Northern Line) opened a station at Euston as the terminus of a new extension from its existing station at Angel.