Aberdeen Lane was originally called Ivy Grove Mews.
Ivy Grove Mews - later Aberdeen Mews and built at the back of large houses in Aberdeen Park
, became Aberdeen Lane by 1916. The street was lengthened in 1924 and 1930.
There had been a project, abandoned in the 1850s, to lay out a 500 acre public park which would have been bigger than Hyde Park. The park would have been bounded by Balls Pond Road, Seven Sisters Road, the Stoke Newington reservoirs and the Great Northern Railway.
The failed park earmarked the area to development with Aberdeen Park
and Aberdeen Lane dating from the 1850s.