Brentford was the historic county town of Middlesex.
Brentford's economy has diverse company headquarters buildings which mark the start of the M4
corridor; in transport it also has two railway stations and the Boston Manor tube station on its north-west border with Hanwell.
Brentford at the start of its 21st century attracted regeneration of its little-used warehouse premises and docks including the re-modelling of the waterfront to provide more economically active shops, townhouses and apartments, some of which comprises Brentford Dock
A 19th and 20th centuries mixed social and private housing locality: New Brentford is contiguous with the Osterley neighbourhood of Isleworth and Syon Park
and the Great West Road
which has most of the largest business premises.
Brentford station was opened in 1849 by the London and South Western Railway.
Between 1950 and 1980 was named Brentford Central.