Oaklands Road, Bexley, Kent
Road is in an area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before. Most of the urban landscape is interwar
Print-friendly version of this page
Oaklands Road is a road in the DA6 postcode area
Arbuthnot Lane, DA5 Arbuthnot Lane - after W.U.Arbuthnot (1807-1874), local Justice of the Peace. Arnsberg Way, DA6 Arnsberg Way is named after an area in Neheim-Husten, Bexley’s Twin Town in Germany.
Bexley - home of St. Mary's Church whose octagonal cone spire balances precariously on top of a truncated pyramid.
Bexley is a place in south east London in the London Borough of Bexley. It was once an ancient parish of Kent. It is located on the banks of the River Cray south of the Roman Road Watling Street. There are two parts to the town - Old Bexley, still with the appearance of a village, and more recent suburban areas that blend into Bexleyheath where the main administrative offices of the London Borough of Bexley and council chamber are located.
Bexley railway station was opened in September 1866. Farm produce formed much of the goods traffic in the station's early years, much of it grown in local fields. Its goods sidings closed in 1963 and the signal box closed in 1970. The clapboard buildings of the original station are well preserved.