Monks Orchard, DA1

Road in/near Dartford

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.43212 0.20707, 51.432 0.207) 

Monks Orchard, DA1

MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502021Remove markers
Road · Dartford · DA1 ·
December
1
2017

Monks Orchard is a road in the DA1 postcode area




NEARBY STREETS
Carsington Gardens, DA1 A street within the DA1 postcode
Cedar Road, DA1 Cedar Road is a road in the DA1 postcode area
Chapel Walk, DA2 Chapel Walk is a road in the DA2 postcode area
Church Field, DA2 Church Field is a road in the DA2 postcode area
Church Hill, DA2 A street within the DA2 postcode
Church Walk, DA2 A street within the DA2 postcode
Curates Walk, DA2 Curates Walk is a road in the DA2 postcode area
Elm Close, DA1 Elm Close is a road in the DA1 postcode area
Garden Place, DA2 Garden Place is a road in the DA2 postcode area
Gothic Close, DA1 A street within the DA1 postcode
Hawthorn Road, DA1 Hawthorn Road is a road in the DA1 postcode area
Hazel Road, DA1 Hazel Road is a road in the DA1 postcode area
Martin Road, DA2 Martin Road is a road in the DA2 postcode area
Meadowside, DA1 A street within the DA1 postcode
Oakfield Lane, DA1 A street within the DA1 postcode
Oakfield Park Pavilion, DA1 A street within the DA1 postcode
Oakfield Park Road, DA1 Oakfield Park Road is a road in the DA1 postcode area
Oakfield Place, DA1 A street within the DA1 postcode
Sackville Road, DA2 A street within the DA2 postcode
Shears Close, DA1 Shears Close is a road in the DA1 postcode area
Taylor Row, DA2 Taylor Row is a road in the DA2 postcode area
The Close, DA2 The Close is a road in the DA2 postcode area
The Spires, DA1 The Spires is a road in the DA1 postcode area


Dartford

Dartford lies at the heart of the Thames Gateway, one of the largest growth areas in the UK.

Dartford is going through a period of great change with a rising population and extensive new commercial and residential development.

Originally a Roman settlement, Dartford is an old market town connected in history with Wat Tyler’s rebellion of 1381. Dartford was known at various times in its history as Darentford, Tarentford and Dorquentford.

The town centre boasts notable historic buildings. Holy Trinity Church dates from Norman times and has a mediaeval mural. The Royal Manor Gatehouse dates from the time of Henry VIII.

There is a museum and library in the town centre, which also has a wide range of shopping facilities. Two weekly markets are held in the town on Thursdays and Saturdays.

A number of ancient parishes lie to the south of the town, each of which has its own links with English history. Evidence of this can be seen in the many fine churches and old buildings that remain. Darenth Country Park and Dartford Heath provide extensive public open space as well as recreational facilities.

The first station was opened in Dartford by the South Eastern Railway on 30 July 1849, taking the line from there to London. The original station building had an Italianate design; this was replaced by a glass and metal ticket office complex in 1972.


LOCAL PHOTOS

Print-friendly version of this page