Forty Farm, Wembley
Forty Farm was situated where the Sudbury to Kingsbury road crossed the Lidding at Forty Bridge.
In the 14th or 15th centuries, people, including the Uxendon family from Uxendon Farm, moved south to form another small community at Forty Green.
This settlement was known as Uxendon Forty, Wembley Forty or Preston Forty. The farm at Forty Green was at first called Pargrave's and later South Forty Farm.
London's growing need for hay meant that Forty Farm had converted to hay farming by 1852 and indeed was noted for its horses.
The construction of the Metropolitan Railway in 1880 effectively destroyed Forty Green, although South Forty Farm continued into the 20th century. In 1928 the farm became the headquarters of the Century Sports Ground.
The ground was built over after 1931. Housing spread along Preston Road and Preston Hill in the three years that followed.