Wallwood Road, E11
Wallwood Road, E11 is named after an old house.
Historian Frederick Temple placed Walwood House itself on what became Chadwick Road and Whipps Cross Road.
The house with just over five acres of land, was sold in 1894 to Thomas Ashbridge Smith, a businessman from Whitechapel for £4000.
The solicitors employed in this transaction and many other were Fladgate & Company and Maple, Teesdale and Company. These three provided the names of three new roads nearby.Attribution:
User unknown/public domainLicence: