Brady Street looking toward the junction with Durward Street, 1979.
Brady Street began its existence as Ducking Pond Lane, a short pathway to the ducking pond which stood at the junction with Ducking Pond Row (later Buck's Row). By 1800 it had been renamed North Street and was extended northward as Upper North Street during the early 19th century.
The entire thoroughfare was renamed Brady Street on 7 May 1875.Attribution:
User unknown/public domainLicence: