Winifred Close, EN5

An area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before- in the area buildings are mainly post-war

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.6414 -0.2433, 51.641 -0.243) 

Winifred Close, EN5

MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502021Remove markers
Road · High Barnet · EN5 ·
JUNE
3
2017
Winifred Close is a road in the NW7 postcode area




NEARBY LOCATIONS OF NOTE
Arkley Windmill Barnet Gate Mill or Arkley Windmill is a grade II* listed tower mill at Barnet Gate.
Barnet Gate Wood This small woodland is public open space, owned and managed by Barnet Council.

NEARBY STREETS
Althorp Close, EN5 Althorp Close is a road in the EN5 postcode area
Barnet Gate Lane, EN5 Barnet Gate Lane runs from Barnet Road before its name changes to Mays Lane when it reaches Totteridge.
Barnet Gate, EN5 A street within the EN5 postcode
Brickfield Lane, EN5 Brickfield Lane is a road in the EN5 postcode area
Chantry Close, NW7 Chantry Close is a road in the NW7 postcode area
Chantry Close, NW7 Chantry Close is a road in the EN5 postcode area
Dingle Close, EN5 Dingle Close is a road in the EN5 postcode area
Hawthorn Grove, EN5 A street within the EN5 postcode
Hendon Wood Lane, EN5 Hendon Wood Lane may have originally been a Roman road.
Lynford Close, EN5 Lynford Close is a road in the EN5 postcode area
Rockways, EN5 Rockways is a road in the EN5 postcode area
Windmill Lane, EN5 Windmill Lane is a road in the EN5 postcode area
Winifred Close, EN5 Winifred Close is a road in the EN5 postcode area
Wylo Drive, EN5 Wylo Drive is a road in the EN5 postcode area


High Barnet

High Barnet is the name of the terminus of the Northern Line but is actually within the original Barnet - Chipping Barnet.

High Barnet station, though planned by the Edgware, Highgate and London Railway), was originally opened on 1 April 1872 by the Great Northern Railway (which had taken over). It was the terminus of a branch line that ran from Highgate and was built over the original site of the Barnet Fair.

The High Barnet branch was incorporated into the London Underground network through the "Northern Heights" project begun in the late 1930s. High Barnet station was first served by Northern line trains on 14 April 1940.

The area was the site of the Battle of Barnet in 1471, where Yorkist troops led by King Edward IV killed the rebellious "Kingmaker" Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick and Warwick’s brother, John Neville, 1st Marquess of Montagu.


LOCAL PHOTOS
Barnet grass speedway in operation
TUM image id: 1526569186
Licence: CC BY 2.0
Thatched Barn
TUM image id: 1488372418
Licence: CC BY 2.0
292A bus at the Bull and Tiger (1970s)
TUM image id: 1534096995
Licence: CC BY 2.0

In the neighbourhood...

Click an image below for a better view...
Path in Barnet Gate Wood
Credit: Dudley Miles
TUM image id: 1526549856
Licence: CC BY 2.0
Print-friendly version of this page