West Acton is a station between Ealing Broadway and North Acton on the Ealing Broadway branch of the Central line.
The Great Western Railway built its Ealing Broadway branch and opened it for freight trains in April 1917.Licence:
The Central London Railway subsequently abandoned its policy of no through running with any other railway and secured powers to build a short extension from its terminus at Wood Lane to connect with the new Great Western Railway branch.
Central trains used the line from 3 August 1920. West Acton and North Acton were built and owned by the Great Western Railway and both opened on 5 November 1923.
The current station - replacing the original building - was designed by the Great Western Railway on behalf of London Transport as part of the 1935-40 New Works Programme. The design was by the GWR’s architect Brian Lewis and it was completed in 1940. The station is a Grade II listed building.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence