Goldhurst Terrace, NW6
Goldhurst Terrace was laid out in the late 1870s.

From the late 1870s building began in the area with 20 houses by Charles Kellond in Goldhurst Terrace, the most southerly of the new roads, in 1879 and another 50 there between 1880 and 1885; 101 houses, some flats, and a riding school were added between 1886 and 1900, mostly by T. K. Wells of Kentish Town. Building was complete throughout the area by 1913.

Except the mews Canfield Place, which was ’fairly comfortable’, the whole district was middle-class c. 1890.

return to article