Plough Inn
The Plough - reputedly 800 years old
Credit: User unknown/public domain
The Plough at Kingsbury Green was established in 1748.

One in nine houses in 18th century Kingsbury was an inn, with the Plough being one of them.

During the 19th and early 20th centuries Kingsbury, a picturesquely rural district a short distance from London, attracted many walkers and cyclists, and the Plough Inn, with its attractive gardens, was once the headquarters of thirteen cycling clubs. It was at the Plough, too, that four Frenchmen and their three performing bears used to stay.

It was rebuilt in 1932 and resited to the west, later known as the Carlton Lounge.

return to article