Belmont Road was the original site for Uxbridge station.
February 2021 archive
Flower and Dean Street was a narrow street running east-west from Commercial Street to Brick Lane.
The St Marylebone workhouse infirmary was opened in 1881 on Rackham Street, North Kensington and received a congratulatory letter from Florence Nightingale.
St Georges Row was built as Monster Row circa 1785, and renamed in 1833.
Westwood Road ran from Evelyn Road to North Woolwich Road.
Horbury Mews is a T-shaped mews in Notting Hill.
Trafalgar Street was a small street in Hammersmith, off Aspen Place.
’Woodcock’ is derived from the old English word ’Woodcot’ meaning a dweller at a cottage in or near a farm.
Tatsfield sits high on the North Downs – at 240m above sea level it is one of the highest points in Surrey.
Claremont, an estate and suburb of Esher, takes its name from an 18th-century Palladian mansion of the same name.