Lady Margaret Road runs north to Ospringe Road with Leverton Street and Montpelier Grove running parallel to the east and west respectively.
September 2021 archive
The area where Hartington Road was eventually built was part of an area of Vauxhall called “The Nine Acres”.
Green Lane is the main street of Northwood.
Elstree Way connects Shenley Road and the A1 in Borehamwood.
Budge Row lies off the north side of Cannon Street, about 80 yards west of the main line station.
In the nineteenth century, Addison Place was known by two names – Phoenix Place and Crescent Mews East.
Middlesex Street is home to the Petticoat Lane Market.
Newport Court was laid out approximately on the site of the courtyard of Newport House.
The High Road is the successor to Ermine Street, the Roman road from London to Lincoln and York. A settlement is recorded at Tottenham in the Domesday Survey of 1086, and a manor house existed by 1254, on or near the site of Bruce Castle. Known historically as Tottenham Street, the High Road was an …
Originally built by Henry Thrall around 1656, Thrawl Street ran east-west from Brick Lane as far as George Street across a former tenter field owned by the Fossan brothers, Thomas and Lewis.