Originally the stable house accommodation for the main houses on Lancaster Road, the primary purpose of the Mews properties is now residential.
Alba Place is located on the site of an original Mews but has been redeveloped to a degree that it no longer contains any surviving Mews properties. It is a gated cul-de-sac off Portobello Road in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, almost opposite Hayden’s Place (another redeveloped Mews). It contains 16 properties used for residential purposes.
Alba Place was Albion Place until 1937, one of the many patriotic names dating from the period immediately following the Crimean War.